Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tanking Pet Goodness

I managed to get onto the PTR last night (indeed, I was up until 6 AM my time), and decided to test out the pet tanking abilities. So I grabbed my Warp Stalker, named her Kaida, and went looking for someone to test with.

A Boomkin in IF was willing to duel me, so I could test out some things that I'd heard rumor of and/or wanted to see myself. First I put up a Serpent Sting and trapped him; yes, Traps will last with a dot! Next goal is to get a lock to help out, dot the bajeezus out of a tank, then trap him. I'm curious to see if there's a damage limit to what the trap will handle, or if it only counts direct damage now. I'm sure if they fixed this for trap, Hex/Sheep is the same. Hmm, must test that too...

Then I played around with Disengage. Going up hill it sucks. I think I moved 2 feet. =( But going downhill (we were testing on the road out of IF) it is wonderful. Popped me to my max distance, and I landed with auto shot still running. Can't wait to try it against a SStep Rogue and charging bear/Warrior. :D

Oh, and Viper Sting still sucks.

After he did his testing, and found his Resto set was better for Boomkin than his Boomkin set (lawl), we went off to test the healing capability for him and the increased heals for my pet. Banthar, take one: down in about 15 seconds with hardly any mana missing from the Druid. Hmm, we need something with more hit points... Oh look, there's Durn. *grin*

He took a bit longer to kill, but again, there was no real strain to keep Kaida healed. Since the instances were down, we headed off to BEM to take one the dragons. Instead of dragons, though, we were met with... tiny blue-and-white checkered boxes?? I wish I could find that screen shot! Kaida tanked like a pro, and even took on two adds our Druid friend was feared into. Peice of cake! Add a mage, Titan warrior, and pally to the group and off we go for Dragon 2. No aggro problems, no adds, and no lack of heals.

"Your pet is easier to heal than some tanks I've had."

/boggle

Tonight, I'm hoping to do a Ramps run or two with this guy. Just the two of us. It shall be epic.

No comments: