Thursday, April 9, 2009

It Takes Two, Baby!

The Dark Side tempted me with cookies and cake (or was it punch and pie?), and I finally gave in. Rerolled. New server, new faction, same class.

What? You didn't think I could start with anything BUT a Hunter, did you? :P

Revn is now level 11 and questing his little heart out, Engineering goggles firmly in place. But I digress - this post is about the most important quest a Hunter will ever face: Taming a first pet.

After a bit of confusion as to which zeppelin would get me to Howling Fjord, I was on my way to the cold dark Aran was always trying to tell me about. Having never been on one of these airboats before, I took a tour, attempted to talk to the crew (apparently goblins get cranky when they're cold), and anxiously awaited departure. Now, I have seen Howling Fjord before. I have NOT, however, seen it through the eyes of a very squishy L10 Blood Elf. It was stunning up until the snarling wolves found me. One cannot outrun these things without a mount. Trust me.

Just beyond the wolves is that oh-so-inviting lift, boosting folks up into the continent proper. I found it interesting that, once I was past this lift, I only ran into a problem once. Did you know that there is a dwarf hiding near the entrance to the Keep? Yeah, he apparently has issues with Horde. Talk about uncalled for ganking...

As soon as I revived, however, I saw my target. Daggercap Hawk, level 6. Scraggly. Underfed. Pitch black.

I had to have him.

A guildmate of mine suggested Lucien as a name, and I think it fits him. Lucien, the Tauren Dru- er, Daggercap Hawk. And here I was going to name him Edgar or Poe or something.

1 comment:

Pike said...

That's awesome and now I have to make (yet another) hunter alt so I can get one. >.>