Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Sorry the blog has been a bit quiet lately. Besides the fact that First Strike isn't doing much raiding right now, I've also found out that my satellite internet service, Wild Blue Communications, has a hidden clause that states "You have 12,000 MBs of downloads in any given 30 day period." (It resets to the last 30 days every day.) How much have I used? 12,115. So they've slowed us down to about 30-40% of the normal speed that we pay $70 a month for.

It takes a while just loading my own blog. =(

So, if I haven't been raiding, what have I been doing? I have messed around on the PTR a bit more, and am happy to see they've finally fixed the Beastial Wrath bug. For a few builds, having The Beast Within was a wasted talent point, as every time you used Beastial Wrath it would ONLY apply the pet buff. Your poor Hunter would stand there, watching his big red pet sadly as he himself was denied the joys of being big and red.

But that's fixed! So /cheer! Also fixed is Spirit Bond. It may take a while to register with the server, but it does now affect Mend Pet. I gave my L65 bear full Stamina and Rhino Blood, then had someone hit him a few times to see what MP would tick for. I got about 165 per tick, which isn't bad. Then I popped one of my unspent talent points (I have a habit of only taking the "duh" talents when on the PTR, so I can check various effects and such) into Spirit Bond and took him on the Dailies grind.

At first, I was disappointed, as I couldn't see any difference in the Mend Pet ticks. The tooltip also hadn't changed, so I figured it was a lost point in Spirit Bond and I should report the bug/misleading talent tooltip. About five minutes later, I noticed that MP was indeed ticking for more healing now - and probably had been for some time. So I dropped another point into SB to see if it would increase again, wrote down the new number, and continued on. About 3 mobs later, Mend Pet began giving 215 health per tick - much better at keeping my little bear alive against L70+ mobs!

On Live, I've been going into a collector's frenzy. I already have increased my mini-pet collection from about 5 unique/rare pets to, say, 14. I've listed out all the Horde-only pets, the grind-pets, the rep pets, etc. and do plan on getting all of the ones I can. Why? Because in about 8 days mini-pets will no longer take up bag space! Same with mounts - I've been grinding rep with the major Alliance factions for the racial mounts, and have actually bought all three L30 Stormwind horses. (Yes, I'm a nut, I want them all!)

Hmm. I'm going to need more gold. /plot

No comments: