Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Death of Karazhan

I realize they nerfed the health of bosses a short while ago. I even realize why.

I also realize that the players in my guild are Tier 6 and, even if the gear doesn't quite match that level of play, the playing still does.

But this is just... is just... AAAAAAHH!


Netherspite has always been my favorite boss fight in the game. Kael in TK is more epic. The Council in BT is longer. And Illidan is probably more technical (we never did make it past Council, thanks to time issues).

But there was nothing like learning Netherspite with my old guild, Round Table Raiders.

That fight is nothing but Do X Or Die technicalities. And I LOVED it. RTR had to stay in on all the banish phases because we were still gearing and learning and didn't have the DPS to kill him if we ran out. We had to be very, very careful on heals with the Blue Beam or we'd have no one to take it come round 3. And we had our share of "AMG You stepped in the red beam! OUT! OUT!" moments.

There is nothing like seeing everyone wipe, switching to Monkey, popping Deterrence, and tanking that dragon in the red beam while the PVP Shaman heals your blue tail until a black hole spawns to gank you.

And now... Netherspite is nothing. His HP is gone. His difficulty level is nil. My favorite boss is dead for the last time before Wrath.


RIP Netherspite. RIP.

2 comments:

Pike said...

You know, I did Karazhan a million times, been exalted with the Violet Eye for eons, and yet...

Never once was in a group that did Netherspite.

Makes me sad. =(

Laoin said...

I'm sorry to hear that Pike... Though unless you never got to do a full run, I'm not sure why people would skip the fight. It's fun to learn, and once you understand how it works it's pretty easy. Just a DPS race and a healing test.

If you get the chance though, go in to kill him in like, all greens. That should put it back near what it was like in full blues learning the fight. :)

Or heck, just go do the fight once because you can, lol.